Associated Power began as a small diesel engine service company in
Founded as Associated Diesel, it targeted the large population of
diesel engines used in the commercial marine industry in the rapidly
growing Los Angeles Harbor
Last Updated: December 11 2017 12:00:46.
(The Port of Los Angeles Celebrates 100 Years 1907-2007)
In 1959, the company was incorporated and moved to a two acre facility in
(a district of the city of
There it branched out into the industrial, off-highway, and oil
field engine markets. In 1967 Associated Diesel was made a factory
authorized dealer for Detroit Diesel Corporation and Allison
Transmission Division of General Motors. With expanded facilities,
the business continued to grow in the on-highway diesel market and
generator set market.
In 1982 the company expanded its business to handle construction
equipment, and opened a 6 acre branch in San Bernardino. That same
year they became a Cummins Engine full service dealer.
In 1986 the generator business expanded with the acquisition of the
MQ Power WhisperWatt line of diesel generator sets, and in 1993 the
Maxi-Lite light towers were added to the product line.
In the year 2000 we opened up a
location and then in 2004 Associated Power moved the San Bernardino operation to
California, where we are continuing to expand our generator rental business.