Associated Power began as a small diesel engine service company in
Long Beach, California.
Founded as Associated Diesel, it targeted the large population of
diesel engines used in the commercial marine industry in the rapidly
growing Los Angeles Harbor area.
(The Port of Los Angeles Celebrates 100 Years 1907-2007)
In 1959, the company was incorporated and moved to a two acre
facility in Wilmington (a district of the city of Los Angeles, California).
There it branched out into the industrial, off-highway, and oil
field engine markets. In 1967 Associated Diesel was made a factory
authorized dealer for Detroit Diesel Corporation and Allison
Transmission Division of General Motors. With expanded facilities,
the business continued to grow in the on-highway diesel market and
generator set market.
In 1982 the company expanded its business to handle construction
equipment, and opened a 6 acre branch in San Bernardino. That same
year they became a Cummins Engine full service dealer.
In 1986 the generator business expanded with the acquisition of the
MQ Power WhisperWatt line of diesel generator sets, and in 1993 the
Maxi-Lite light towers were added to the product line.
In 2000 we opened up a Bakersfield location and then in 2004
Associated Power moved the San Bernardino operation to
Fontana California, where we are continuing to expand
our generator rental business.